Transfer news LIVE updates – Saturday, July 13
- Manchester United still want Bruno Fernandes from Sporting Lisbon
- Tottenham have hijacked Arsenal for William Saliba
- Liverpool fans want Jurgen Klopp to sign Ousmane Dembele
- Premier League done deals: Every confirmed transfer in the top flight this summer
9.15pm UPDATE: Celtic update
Celtic boss Neil Lennon has given an update on the transfers the Scottish champions may do before the deadline passes.
He said: “There’s a position that we’d like to bring two in. Maybe a younger one to develop and one that is ready to hit the ground running, a loan or permanent.
“It will depend if we have any bids for our players. Then we have to take a view on it if it’s the right thing for the club to do. We have to have options if that eventuality comes along.
“We’ll trim the squad here and there as we go along. But nothing concrete at the minute.”
Transfer news LIVE: Celtic are looking to sign players
8.45pm UPDATE: Harry Maguire tells Leicester he wants Man Utd move
Manchester United are closing in on the signing of Harry Maguire after he told Leicester he wants to leave, according to reports.
The centre-back is one of United’s top targets and will cost them around £75million as manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer looks to bolster his defensive ranks.
They submitted a bid of around £60m earlier in the transfer window but will need to up their offer to tempt Leicester into selling player who has four years left to run on his contract.
However, Maguire himself might have given them a helping hand as The Mail say he has told boss Brendan Rodgers of his intention to make the switch to Old Trafford.
Maguire, 26, was wanted by United last summer when Jose Mourinho was in charge.
Transfer news LIVE: Harry Maguire is closing in on a move to Man Utd
8.15pm UPDATE: Paul Pogba gives blunt answer on Man Utd rumours
Paul Pogba appeared to be in a spiky mood as he delivered a blunt response when he was asked about his Manchester United future.
The unsettled midfielder is currently in Australia with the rest of the squad on their pre-season tour but continues to be linked with a move to Real Madrid.
United are standing firm and demanding £180million for their record signing and Real are yet to meet their demands.
And the player himself was in no mood to discuss his future when quizzed by reporters following United’s 2-0 win over Perth Glory as they got their preparations for the 2019-20 campaign underway.
“There is no need,” the 26-year-old said. “No need to talk.”
7.30pm UPDATE: Arsenal make £72m Nicolas Pepe bid
Arsenal have made a mammoth £72million offer for Lille forward Nicolas Pepe, it has been claimed.
The 24-year-old starred for the French side last season putting a bunch of top clubs on alert.
As well as the Gunners, Liverpool have been linked with Pepe this summer.
But now French TV channel TF1 have made the extraordinary claim Arsenal boss Unai Emery has made a £72m bid for the forward.
That’s despite Arsenal only reportedly having £45m to spend after failing to qualify for the Champions League.
Transfer news LIVE: Arsenal have made a mega bid for Nicolas Pepe
7pm UPDATE: Romelu Lukaku exit latest
Romelu Lukaku has told fans they will know more ‘next week’ as the Manchester United striker continues to be linked with a move away.
Lukaku, 26, has been strongly touted to join Inter Milan and was absent for United’s 2-0 friendly win over Perth Glory on Saturday.
And he fuelled the speculation surrounding his future when asked to comment by reporters while out in Australia with the rest of the squad.
“You guys will know something next week,” he said.
His comments come amid claims he is set to stay at Old Trafford because of Inter’s reluctance to meet United’s valuation.
They paid £75million to sign him from Everton in 2016 and are looking to make a profit on a player who has scored 42 goals in 96 appearances during his time at the club.
Transfer news LIVE: Romelu Lukaku could leave Man Utd next week
6.30pm UPDATE: Philippe Coutinho’s agent speaks
Philippe Coutinho’s future has been discussed by his agent Kia Joorabchian with the Brazilian linked with a Barcelona exit to the likes of Manchester United, Liverpool or Paris Saint-Germain.
Since leaving Anfield the Brazilian has struggled to make much of an impact at the Nou Camp.
But Joorabchian insists Coutinho is not considering leaving the club and would probably not join one of Liverpool’s Premier League rivals.
The 27-year-old has been linked with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side as he looks to overhaul his squad.
Joorabchian told Sky Sports: “Coutinho has never spoken about leaving.
“At the moment we are extremely calm and haven’t gone out to get an offer because we’ve been told categorically that he is not for sale.
“But Liverpool lies very deeply in his heart, he has a strong affinity with the club so it would be difficult for him to go to one of their direct rivals.”
Transfer news LIVE: Philippe Coutinho’s agent has been speaking
5.45pm UPDATE: Paul Pogba to be Man Utd captain?
Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer claims Paul Pogba is a contender to be the club’s captain despite the uncertainty surrounding his future.
Pogba has admitted he is looking to move this summer in search of a new challenge while agent Mino Raiola says he is trying to engineer his exit.
Real Madrid have been strongly linked with the World Cup winner but United are holding out for a fee of around £180million and the Spanish giants are unwilling to meet their demands.
Solskjaer recently said United have not received any official offers and provided fresh hope that he might yet stay after watching his side beat Perth Glory 2-0 in a pre-season match in Australia.
Asked if Pogba was being considered as a possible captain, he replied: “Yep. We’ve got quite a few possibilities there and when the season starts we’ll announce it.”
Transfer news LIVE: Will Paul Pogba be the new Man Utd captain?
5.20pm UPDATE: Arsenal eye Laurent Koscielny replacement
Arsenal have turned their attention to Benfica star Ruben Dias as they look for a replacement for Laurent Koscielny, according to reports.
Centre-back and club captain Koscielny went on strike and refused to travel with the rest of the squad to the United Staes for the Gunners’ pre-season tour.
The Frenchman, 33, is unhappy at not being allowed to move back to France with Bordeaux prepared to offer him a three-year deal.
Arsenal are now resigned to losing a player who has been at the club for nine years.
And the Mail claim they will now try to sign Dias having previously bee in tested at the start of the summer transfer window.
The reports says Arsenal have compiled detailed reports on the 22-year-old Portugal international.
Transfer news LIVE: Arsenal star Laurent Koscielny could leave the club
5pm UPDATE: Neymar three-player swap
Barcelona are prepared to offer three players plus cash to sign Neymar.
That’s the claim from German newspaper Bild, who say the Catalan giants will supply a list of four players for Paris Saint-Germain to choose from.
The quartet on offer are; Philippe Coutinho, Ousmane Dembele, Nelson Semedo and Samuel Umtiti.
Bild add that Barcelona will also offer £116million in cash to sweeten the deal.
Transfer news LIVE: Neymar wants a return to Barcelona
4.40pm UPDATE: Fresh Man Utd bid for Harry Maguire
Manchester United are still yet to meet Leicester’s demands as they look to sign Harry Maguire.
“We’re going to start with some news as we always like to and that is a renewed offer from Manchester United to Leicester City for Harry Maguire,” football consultant Ian McGarry said on the Transfer Window Podcast with Duncan Castles.
“It still doesn’t quite match Leicester City’s expectations.
“That’s because the upfront payment is £60million with an extra £20m in add-ons, which takes it up to Leicester’s expected valuation at £80m.
“It doesn’t take it to the £80m upfront which we understand that Leicester are hoping for on the basis of reinvesting that money in this particular transfer window.”
Transfer news LIVE: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is looking to strengthen his Man Utd squad
4.20pm UPDATE: New Nabil Fekir contract
Lyon are set to discuss a new contract with Nabil Fekir.
The French midfielder was linked Premier League duo Arsenal and Liverpool after club president Jean-Michel Aulas admitted he could be sold.
However, Liverpool have cooled their interest while Arsenal are unable to pounce with Mesut Ozil still on their books.
And Goal claim Lyon will use the apparent lack of interest to sure his long-term future.
Transfer news LIVE: The future of Nabil Fekir is uncertain
4pm UPDATE: Matthijs de Ligt to Juventus
Juventus are likely to have to wait until next week to announce the £66m (€75m) signing of Matthijs de Ligt from Ajax, reports in Holland claim.
His agent, Mino Raiola, revealed this week that the centre-back has already finalised personal terms with the Serie A champions.
Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf are now reporting Juventus agreed on Friday to meet Ajax’s demands and hand over £66m for De Ligt.
De Ligt will not travel to Austria with Ajax on Saturday as Erik ten Hag’s men step up their preparations for next season.
Transfer news LIVE: Matthijs de Ligt looks to be close to joining Barcelona
3.45pm UPDATE: Bruno Fernandes to Man Utd update
Manchester United reportedly plan to make a signing before completing a deal for Bruno Fernandes.
The Red Devils have been strongly linked with Fernandes, who has impressed at Sporting Lisbon.
It comes with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer keen to overhaul his squad after Manchester United finished sixth in the Premier League.
The Norwegian has already signed Daniel James and Aaron Wan-Bissaka.
United have also been linked with Leicester centre-back Harry Maguire after a difficult season defensively for the Old Trafford outfit.
And Portuguese outlet A Bola claim that United are wanting to sign a centre-back before they move onto midfield.
Transfer news LIVE: The latest from Man Utd, Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool
3.15pm UPDATE: Tottenham hijack Arsenal over William Saliba
Tottenham’s worries over potentially losing Toby Alderweireld and Jan Vertonghen have seen them move for Arsenal target William Saliba.
Saliba looked destined for the Emirates rather than White Hart Lane with the Gunners thought to be close to an agreement with St Etienne.
However, Tottenham have launched a raid to hijack the potential switch to the north end of London.
Sky Italia reckon Spurs have been forced to act due to fears Alderweireld and Vertonghen could be on the move.
Transfer news LIVE: Will Paul Pogba leave Man Utd?
2.45pm UPDATE: Ousmane Dembele to Liverpool
Liverpool fans have urged the club to sign Ousmane Dembele after Barcelona completed the signing of Antoine Griezmann from Atletico Madrid.
It appears as though Dembele is the man the fans are confident of getting as they took to Twitter to voice their opinions.
“Dembele to Liverpool can happen now,” one simply wrote.
Another agreed: “Is dembele now available? We want him at Liverpool.”
“Time for Liverpool to swoop in for Ousmane Dembele,” said another.
Another wrote: “Coutinho to PSG….
“Dembele to Liverpool…. Just started to look more and more of a possibility.”
Transfer news LIVE: Man Utd have been linked with Harry Maguire
2.15pm UPDATE: Paul Pogba’s Man Utd exit
Pogba and Raiola have been vocal in what the midfielder wants this season – a move away from Old Trafford.
The midfielder is wanted by Real Madrid and the Red Devils had believed to be asking £150million for Pogba.
But the Mirror now report that Manchester United have been angered by Raiola’s comments.
And the Red Devils have now increased Pogba’s asking price to £180m, over double what they paid for him in 2016.