Transfer news LIVE | Express Sport is on hand to bring you all the latest rumours and gossip

Saturday, June 1

  • Manchester United are set to win the battle for PSG star Thomas Meunier
  • Arsenal had been tipped to sign Meunier, who is expected to cost £22million
  • Liverpool are set to complete the signings of TWO of Sunderland’s highly-rated youngsters
  • Chelsea are determined to sign Philippe Coutinho this summer

17:15 UPDATE: Man Utd done deal klaxon

Ajax youngster Dillon Hoogewerf has confirmed he has signed for Manchester United on his social media.

“Dillon has indicated last week that he will leave the club,” Said Ouaali told Ajax TV on the youngster earlier this year.

“He is leaving for a foreign club. We wish him a lot of success and know that we have done everything to keep him.

“He may ultimately make the choice and choose a foreign adventure.”

17:00 UPDATE: Thomas Meunier picks Manchester United

Manchester United are set to win the battle for PSG star Thomas Meunier.

That’s according to newspaper La Derniere Heure, who claim the Belgian international has decided to join Ole Gunnar Solskjaer at Old Trafford.

Arsenal had been tipped to sign Meunier with Unai Emery determined to strengthen his defensive options.

But the report claims United will ‘quickly close the transfer’ of Meunier, who is expected to cost £22million.

16:45 UPDATE: Owner confirms double deal

Liverpool are set to complete the signings of TWO of Sunderland’s highly-rated youngsters.

The Black Cats owner Stewart Donald has confirmed the departures on a Sunderland fan podcast Roker Report – but the two Under-17 players haven’t been named.

“We are having our players poached. There are two players who will go to Liverpool,” he said.

“We tried to keep them. We said to the parents ‘If you really want to go you have to put it in writing’. The parents have written in and said ‘Thank you Sunderland, we want our lads to go to Liverpool’.

“We’ve asked them if they will stay and they said no. So we made a commercial decision to try and get the best arrangement.”

16:30 UPDATE: Philippe Coutinho valuation

Chelsea are determined to sign Philippe Coutinho this summer – but Barcelona will not be allowing him to leave on the cheap.

The Blues are expected to lose Eden Hazard to Real Madrid for £115million in the coming weeks.

And that money could be reinvested immediately on ex-Liverpool star Coutinho.

According to Italian journalist Gianluca Di Marzio, Barcelona want to recoup the majority of their outlay, demanding an amount in excess of £132m.

16:15 UPDATE: Neymar decision

Neymar needs Barcelona to make two transfer decisions if he is to leave PSG this summer at a time where Antoine Griezmann is also in the Catalan giants’ sights.

Neymar reportedly wants to leave PSG for Barcelona, two years after quitting the Catalan giants in a world-record £200million transfer.

Real Madrid have long dreamed of signing the 27-year-old with interest dating back to the player’s time at Santos, where he established himself as one of football’s rising stars.

But Barcelona are the team Neymar wants to join the most.

In order for that to happen, though, Catalan newspaper Mundo Deportivo say the Samba star requires two things to happen.

And that is the departures of both Ousmane Dembele and Philippe Coutinho.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *